Fisker Ocean electric SUV with solar roof | cheaper than Tesla Model 3 justify its presence
Henrik Fisker has big plans with Fisker Ocean electric SUV: world’s most sustainable vehicle
Fisker Ocean has received very special attention during the CES2020. TIME Magazine’s ‘BEST OF CES 2020′, Mashable’S Top Picks of CES, and Sunset Publication’s Smarter award are some of them which this amazing designed car received.
Futuristic, yet luxurious interior, with sustainable materials using recycled plastic bottles from the ocean.
The Fisker Automotive
The Henrik Fisker, an American-Danish renowned automotive designer and entrepreneur started the Fisker Automotive in 2005. The sole purpose of this initiative was to provide the customer a very sustainable and world class luxury electric car. Even after many challenges till back 2013 company setback again. The Henrik Fisker founded the Fisker Inc.
Fisker OCEAN features
The car is special to catch anyone’s eyes in the first moment only. Because, what it offers is very special and some of the offerings are not yet in the market. To explain it further Fisker has also released a press note on the official website. Below are the some features or specialty of the Fisker OCEAN:
–Full-length of the solar roof for extra miles:
- Supporting the car’s electric power source, boosting fuel efficiency and lowering carbon dioxide emissions. Result: 1000 free, clean miles per year.
- As the technology evolves, Fisker will feature integrated hardware solutions for better energy yields and more free, clean miles per year.
–Carpet from Ocean:
- Made from regenerated nylon, which is made from abandoned fishing net waste – pulled from the oceans and aquaculture.
–Eye catching vegan interior:
- 100% Polycarbonate Polyurethane surfaces and 100% reinforced Rayon backing.
- Meets stringent chemical emission limits for various VOCs (such as Formaldehyde).
-Eco-suede used for interior textures and patterns:
- Derived from polyester fibers (T-shirts, fibers) and recycled bottles, plastic, etc.
- Recycling polyester means reducing energy consumption and CO2 emissions into the atmosphere by 80% compared to the traditional petrol-based polyester production process.
- Eco-sustainability, as well as the lowest levels of polluting emissions and energy consumption, are guaranteed throughout the whole production cycle.
–Utilization of the rubber waste:
- Fisker will utilize discarded rubber waste generated during tire manufacturing that will no longer be dumped in landfills.
- Recycling saves impressive amounts of energy, which ultimately reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
–Pure electric high range:
- The all-electric SUV will come standard with an extended range (target of approximately 250 to 300 miles, depending on driving conditions), enabled by an approx. 80 kWh lithium-ion battery pack.
Fisker solid-state battery technology
Every manufacturer is looking for the efficient and light-weight battery technology. But the battery chemistry and related re-searches are still ongoing. It is also believed that the lithium-ion battery technology is now in use at
Fisker Automotive has been working for the last few years on the solid-state battery technology. As per the Henri Fisker-founder of the Fisker Inc, currently company makes 20 cells every week in-house for the testing purpose. While talking to media he said- “We are still on it. We don’t want to give our customers surprises with some kind of issues with the solid-state battery. The company has now well-established battery testing lab in-house where we are testing the battery and we expect that by 2025 we would be able to come up with the final product“.
Fisker Ocean with Solid-state battery
Currently the Fisker Ocean will be having only the 80kWh lithium-ion battery. Fisker Automotive has rolled out the vehicle lease plan which is very unique. By doing so the ultimate ownership of the vehicle will be lying with the Fisker Automotive only. So, the company will also be having freedom to upgrade all the vehicles sold in the market. Once the solid state battery comes into the production stage then as per the market demand company will upgrade the battery pack in the old as well as new cars.
What is a
Solid-state battery is the next level of technology in which the liquid or the
Solid-state Battery Vs. Lithium-ion Battery
One of the major problems with the lithium-ion cell is that- electrolyte used inside is either in the liquid form or in get. This is highly flammable at extreme temperatures. But the chemistry of the solid-state battery is different. The solid state battery has electrolyte in solid form and battery chemistry of it gives more advantage over any other lithium-ion battery.
Benefits of the Solid-state battery
In many cases it’s very difficult to justify the need for new technology. But in this case the benefits listed below are enough to feel its future demand-
- Light weight: Solid state battery is lighter than as compared with the Li-ion battery.
- Higher density than the lithium-ion battery: Solid state battery density is approx 2 to 3 times more than the regular Li-ion battery.
- Low cost: Due to its high efficiency and less weight the overall cost of the solid state battery will be lower than the Li-ion battery.
- Safer than the Li-ion: Li-ion battery uses many earth metals which are flammable in nature. At the high temperature there is a high risk to catch the fire. Solid-state battery will overcome this issue.
- Battery range breakthrough: The solid-state battery technology opens new scope here. Scientists believe that more than 500 miles of range can be extracted from this new technology.
Fisker OCEAN price and booking
Giving very attractive buying options are working very successfully for the Fisker. The base purchase price starts USD $37,499 onwards. There are further
Fisker OCEAN can be booked though the Fisker mobile application or by visiting the company’s official website with the booking amount of USD $250. Booking amount is fully refundable.
As per the Fisker vehicle lease plan the base model will be available with an open-ended, flexible lease for just USD $379 a month, including maintenance and service. The top-end versions will be sold for more than $60,000. The top end variants offers some cool features like touchscreen center console, a head-up display and also have an option to project the song lyrics for in-car karaoke for drivers who like to sing.
Will start the production by next year and delivery will first start in the UK then US in the first quarter of the 2022. The company is targeting the China market too, and has planned it for the middle or end of 2022.
Fisker Ocean in India
The company very optimistic for its marketing to the Asian countries also. The vehicle lease plan and marketing strategy to sell the Fisker Ocean through the direct channel ‘company to customer’ delivery model is very much appreciated by the Indian customer also. But India needs to wait and we cannot expect this beautiful electric vehicle anyway before 2025.
Fisker Ocean is something different than all the upcoming electric car/SUV in the market. By design, it stand-out from the crowd. The features offered in this SUV justifies its price tag. Now, where everyone talks about the green vehicle and sustainability, this is this vehicle could be a real example how a sea waste and even the useless things can be utilized to make a car by applying a real engineering. Fisker Ocean set the benchmark not only in the whole automotive industry.