TATA Power-DDL deployed electric cars from Zoom Car in its EVs fleet
Tata Power-DDL started using the electric scooters and e-rickshaw for its operation and maintenance work in Delhi a few months back. Now under a pilot project, the Tata Power-Delhi Distribution Ltd. (TATA Power-DDL) joins the hand with the Banglore based car rental company – ZoomCar. You must be aware of the Zoom Car. Currently, it operated in major cities like Pune, Kolkata, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Hyderabad, Vadodara, Delhi NCR, Mumbai and some other part of India. TATA Power-DDL has come forward to move one step ahead to support the Indian Government’s initiative by using the green and eco-friendly vehicle.
- TATA Power-DDL collaborated with rental car service provider ZoomCar.
- In the first phase, 12 electric cars are flagged off for the TATA Power-DDL operational and maintenance services.
- TATA Power-DDL is already using e-scooters and e-rickshaws for its O&M work.
- This initiative will minimize the dependency on Petrol & Desiel in support of the Government initiative.
Currently in North Delhi TPDDL has started work to install the smart electric meter in every house. For the same project 12 electric cars will be deployed now. TPDDL has initiated it from the Dheerpur Grid in New Delhi. TPDDL told about this initiation in a recent press release. Sanjay Banga, CEO, TPDDL, said, “As a responsible corporate and technology leader among the utilities, we are continually exploring new avenues to push cleaner and greener technologies that can bring a wave of lasting change. Through this initiative, we aim to support and complement the government’s strategy and strive to reduce dependency on petrol/diesel vehicles and shift to electric vehicles.”
How this collaboration will support the Government’s green initiatives
TATA Power-DDL always took initiative to promote the use of EVs. So the company will increase the electric car fleet up to 250 under this collaboration with the ZoomCar. This will bring the awareness about the EVs among the Delhi people. Most importantly people will inspire form this to buy an electric car. On the other hand TATA Power installed charging points in Mumbai, Pune and Nashik. Tata Power and Tata Motors are still working together to install 300 fast charging points across the cities- Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Bengaluru and Hyderabad.
- Chevrolet marks its 70th anniversary in electrified mode with new electric Corvette AWD
- Feel the drive – AFEELA – a new EV from Sony and Honda
- Indian cabinet approves National Green Hydrogen Mission budget
- An old Hyundai Santro petrol version converted to an electric vehicle
- Understanding the Fuel Cell Technology and the chemistry behind it